1,056 members strong (and growing exponentially every year), NROI Philippines is the officiating arm of the Philippine Practical Shooting Association during all IPSC and PPSA sanctioned matches that are held almost on a weekly basis anywhere within the Philippine archipelago.
NROI Philippines members are some of the most experienced Range Officials under the IPSC wing; having officiated sanctioned competitions, not only within the archipelago, but all over the globe, with Filipino Range Officers having been fixtures in most Continental and World championships. Filipino Range Officers can always be counted on to be fair in enforcing the rules without having to compromise safety.
Range Officer's Creed
As an IPSC Range Officer, I shall conduct all competitions with the safety of the competitors, spectators, and fellow Range Officials first and foremost in my thoughts and actions. I shall always be courteous while maintaining firm control over my range and areas of responsibility. I will always strive to be totally fair and impartial in my judgments.
- Safety shall always be my primary goal, with efficiency and speed of the competition as secondary factors.
- It is a privilege and an honor to serve as a Range Officer and I shall act accordingly.
- It is my duty to assist all competitors in their attempts to accomplish their goals and not to hinder them by undue harassment and authoritarian behavior.
- I shall put aside personal prejudices and act as an impartial judge at all times.
- I shall keep my opinions to myself and shall not be critical of any individual beyond the field of contest.
- I will thoroughly familiarize myself with all current regulations, match rules, and attendant subjects.
- I will be firm and fair in all judgmental calls made during the course of a stage, and be prepared to state in a clear and concise manner my reasons for such calls to the particular competitor or any Range Official.
- During the course of a stage, my attention shall be clearly focused on the particular competitor I am assigned to observe, and I shall not permit my attention to be misdirected or lax.
- Prior to and during a stage, I shall never consume any alcoholic beverage or narcotic. I understand that if I violate this rule, I may be suspended or barred from serving as a Range Official in the future.
- I shall confer only with my fellow Range Officers and Match Officials concerning the behavior of any competitor and any decisions to be rendered.
- I shall exercise due consideration for the personal emotions of any competitor, and shall act in a manner so as not to embarrass or disturb the competitor any more than is absolutely necessary.
- I shall strive to never give even the appearance of wrongdoing.